Ro-Ro Shipping Rates, Prices, Terms And Conditions
RORO / CONTAINER FREIGHT SHIPPING | GET A SHIPPING COST
SIMS, WATERS & ASSOCIATES
& CUSTOMS BROKER
Typical car shipping cost to Europe and West Africa starts from $895 and runs around $2,000 when you are shipping bigger vehicles.
If you are shipping a car to Australia shipping costs is around $2950. To find out an exact price in your case, please fill out the quote form.
Whether you ship a car, a truck, a bus or heavy construction machinery (excavators, tractors & trailers) inside the container or via RoRo ship our staff can take care of the whole shipping process.
We look forward to hearing from you - please contact our office for an exact shipping cost. We hope you use us next time you want to ship a car overseas.
General Terms And Conditions of International Ro-Ro Shipping
1. IMPORTANT: International shipping rates ro-ro, in roro carrier's booking confirmations offered at a time of booking, are based on information provided by shipper. Cargo (vehicles) will be verified at a time of submitting to the ro-ro carrier's pier. Ro-ro Carrier's final invoice will be based on actual type of cargo (vehicle) submitted to the ro-ro shipment and its w/m (weight/measurement) verification.
2. RO-RO PORT & THC (Terminal Handling Charges): Sipper is responsible to pay all applicable Port & THC at a time of submitting vehicle(s) to the ro-ro carrier's pier. If Port & THC paid by us on behalf of shipper then these charges will be included in our final ocean freight invoice.
3. DESTINATION CHARGES: All destination charges (i.e. taxes and duties, customs, port and carrier's destination agent charges, storage, demurrage if any etc) collect for account of consignee (importer of records).
4. U.S. CUSTOMS: SED – U.S. Shipper's Export Declaration. In order to file SED (Shippers Export Declaration), AES ITN and XTN should be provided by roro shipper in advance. Otherwise we may file SED on behalf of ro-ro shippers. In order to complete SED in AES on behalf of roro shipper, consigner's Tax ID (IEN) that corresponds with the consigner's name, street address and phone number may required. Schedule B code 8703230090 may be declared on all used cars unless specified by shipper in advance.
5. INSURANCE: We can obtain CNA insurance certificate issued to consignee's (recipient's) name.
Notice: If you need us to get an insurance certificate to a consigner's (ro-ro shipper's) name, then it must be specified separately in email.
In case of claim, claims for insurance will be processed by CNA's Claim Settling Agent located in the country of destination. Complete contact info of CNA's Claim Settling Agent is available in the insurance certificate. If vehicle(s) are not insured then all claims are to be directed to the ro-ro steamship line used on the roro shipment.
Typical insurance rates on vehicles shipped roro (up to $500 deductible per vehicle):
- Vehicles with insured value up to $25,000 -- 1.5% @ value declared.
- Vehicles with insured value up to $50,000 -- 1.3% @ value declared.
- Vehicles with insured value above $50,000 -- 1.1% @ value declared.
Notice: Insurance rates on ro-ro vehicles shipments may vary and must be re-confirmed at a time of booking.
6. TAKING YOUR TITLE(S) BACK:
After passing U.S. Customs title(s) can be mailed to the consigner or consignee for the following S&H fees:
- Domestic U.S. 1st class mail is free.
- Expedited domestic mail $40.
- Expedited international mail $75.
Before we will mail titles we may ask shipper to reconfirm recipient's name, address and phone# and pay S&H (if required) in advance.
IN ORDER TO AVOID MISUNDERSTANDINGS WE DO NOT PROVIDE INTERNATIONAL RO-RO RATES QUOTATIONS OVER THE PHONE.
Sims, Waters & Associates is licensed and bonded. We've been serving our customers since 1987. Our staff has over a hundred years of combined experience in the international freight shipping industry. Our prices are industry leading. Get a quick quote now.
GET A QUICK FREE QUOTE
LATEST BLOG POSTS
- Do I need cargo insurance?
POSTED: JUNE 7, 2018
Generally, the steamship lines do not carry cargo insurance, and by Federal Maritime Law (FMC regulations) are not liable for more than $500 per vehicle.
CONTINUE READING: Should I insure my cargo?
- How to buy a car online and ship it to Europe
POSTED: MARCH 13, 2018
Buying a car can be very bothersome. After the hassle of buying a car in the US and shipping it to Europe can also give you trouble. This blog will be able to help you with the entire process of, buying a car in the US and shipping to Europe, from start to finish.
CONTINUE READING: How to buy a car online and ship it to Europe
- Shipping Your Vehicle Overseas - Is as easy as 1-2-3!
POSTED: SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
So... you're moving overseas and you want or need to take your car(s) and/or other vehicle(s) with you. Well, with a personal consultation from Sims, Waters & Associates, transporting these vehicles can be as easy as 1-2-3!
CONTINUE READING: Shipping Your Vehicle Overseas - Is as easy as 1-2-3!
- International Relocation to Europe Just Got Easier
POSTED: AUGUST 4, 2017
Are you relocating internationally? Will you be moving overseas for business and/or pleasure? Whether you'll be moving temporarily or relocating permanently to Spain or any other European country let your next call be to Sims, Waters & Associates. Find out why?
CONTINUE READING: International Relocation to Europe Just Got Easier
- Shipping a Car from USA to Tin Can Island, Nigeria
POSTED: SEPTEMBER 14, 2016
Most asked questions when shipping a car to Tin Can Island.
How long does it take to arrive Tin Can Island? How much it cost? Which is better - RORO or Container shipping?
CONTINUE READING: Shipping a car from USA to Tin Can Island
- How to Ship a car from USA to European Union Tax Free
POSTED: JULY 7, 2016
If you are permanently moving to Europe you may be able to avoid VAT and customs duties on the personal vehicle you bring with you.
CONTINUE READING: How to ship a car from USA to European Union Tax Free
- Cost to ship a car overseas?
POSTED: JANUARY 14, 2016
How much cost shipping a car overseas from USA? The cost to ship a car overseas varies based on the size of the car, operating condition and destination. Cars located closer to shipping terminals cost less.
CONTINUE READING: Cost to ship a car overseas
- Shipping a car from USA to Russia
POSTED: JANUARY 4, 2016
Car Shipping Cost to Russia? What documents are needed? How long does it take to ship a car to Russia? These are just some of the question when shipping a car to Russia from USA.
CONTINUE READING: Shipping a car to Russia from USA
- How much cost to ship a car from USA to Europe
POSTED: NOVEMBER 20, 2015
Shipping a car from the US to Europe starts around $750 for a compact and runs up to around $2,000 for a full-sized SUV. We offer a discount if more than one car is shipped.
CONTINUE READING: How much cost to ship a car from USA to Europe
- RoRo Shipping vs. Container shipping
POSTED: JULY 7, 2015
RoRo shipping method is very popular mainly for two reasons: cost and simplicity. Container shipping is more secure and can get you anywhere you want to go. Compare, which shipping method is right for you.
CONTINUE READING: Compare RORO vs. Container shipping
- Preparing your Vehicle for shipping
POSTED: MAY 9, 2016
Follow these important steps whether shipping your car, truck, RV or motorcycle. Make sure that your vehicle is operable and safe.
CONTINUE READING: Preparing your vehicle for shipping
- How to ship a Boat overseas?
POSTED: MARCH 18, 2015
We do all the logistics to export your boat worldwide. When you ship your boat using our service, you will get it in the same condition as when you handed it over to us.
CONTINUE READING: Shipping a boat overseas